Setting up your Stand up Paddle Board Fin and Legrope
So you just got your new Funky SUP board and you have never installed a fin before. It can be a little tricky so this is a quick guide to help you with the fins and legrope installation.
SUP Fin Set up Guide
To install your Centre fin follow these steps:
- Remove the screw and aluminium plate from the fin
- Slide the aluminium plate into the recessed track in the fin box
- Put the aluminium plate as far forward so that it ensures the process is easier later
- Put the fin into the fin box. Slide the brass pin to the bottom of the opening and slide the fin backwards to the desired position
- The final step is to push the front of the fin into the fin box. With the provided phillips head screw attach the fin to the aluminium plate.
To install your Side Fins:
- The side fins are placed in to the fin slot and the provided allens key will tighten the grub screw
against the fin. The most important element of this process is to ensure you DON’T over tighten the grub
So that is as simple as that!
But now you have the leash and have no idea how that attaches to the board.
Setting up the Legrope on a SUP
A legrope is so important as when you fall off your stand up paddleboard you don’t want to have to swim after your board every time.
Follow our 4 Step Guide to attaching your legrope to your board:
- Get the rope at the end of the legrope and feed it through the leash plug
- Feed the leggie saver through the two loops of the rope
- Velcro the leggie saver up
- Put the legrope strap around your ankle and velcro it up. Now you are ready to hit the waves